Goodbye summer and hello autumn!
Cheerful talks with friends over a glass of rosé have quickly turned to nostalgic discussions of winter wardrobes and the distant smell of bratwurst in a Christmas market (it is only 84 days until Christmas after all!). Here at Pelican Rouge we can’t wait for the Autumn/Winter season to be in full swing!
But just before we go into full Lapland mode we enter the brief yet peculiar season of the Pumpkin Spiced Latte. In the blink of a weekend all the attention cold brew and iced tea has absorbed over the summer months has disappeared as the Great British public step up to get their fix of the hearty drink with substance and warmth! Brace yourselves as we all turn Pumpkin Spice crazy!
If you thought the Pumpkin Spiced Latte was just a 2016 faze you would be mistaken! The peak of the PSL is still a way off so who wouldn’t be forgiven in wanting a piece of the pumpkin pie? Pumpkin Spice is a $361-million industry, according to Fortune and it isn’t just a latte flavour anymore. In fact there are now so many Pumpkin Spiced everythings, that just last week People compiled an online list of the magazine’s 36 favourites, but we are still firm believers the PSL head’s up the autumnal reign of terror.
At Pelican Rouge we have teamed up with Maison Routin to bring their delicious Pumpkin Spiced Syrup to our audience. Don’t miss out on our October 2017 Drinks Promotion – 1 x 1L Pumpkin Spice Maison Routin (SR241) @ £13.50.
1L PS Syrup = £13.50
1 Bottle = 125 pumps (8ml per pump, 62 servings per bottle)
1 serving = £0.24p
RRP to add £0.40p for the Seasonal Drink
You can order today by contacting our sales office on 0203 697 0620 option 2
We’ve put together two of our favourite Pumpkin Spiced recipes using the addictive ingredient so why don’t you give it a try yourself today?
The PSL - Traditional Pumpkin Spiced Latte (9oz)
1. Pour a single espresso into a single shot of Pumpkin Spiced Syrup and mix
2. Add a single pump of PS syrup into milk and steam to Latte consistency
3. Pour the milk over the espresso/syrup mixture
4. As an added extra drizzle some PS syrup across the top of the latte
Pumpkin Spiced Iced Coffee (12oz)
1. Add a double shot of Pumpkin Spiced Syrup to a double espresso and mix
2. In a cocktail shaker add the espresso syrup shot to milk and ice and shake well
3. Pour into a tall latte glass and serve with whipped cream and a drizzle of syrup
Back to news overview